Concerns about the ecological situation are spreading around the world, and if you are reading this, you are on the same right track. Now our planet is suffocating from billions of tons of garbage that will be decomposing for another 400 years! However, we can change the situation if everyone makes a small but important contribution.
The easiest way to slow the growth of garbage mountains down is to give up disposable dishes. What about the habit of taking coffee with you? In fact, you do not have to deny yourself the pleasure. Just take a thermo mug with you instead of buying coffee in a paper cup.
Danger hidden inside
In the mistaken belief, paper cups that are offered in coffee shops and catering, are safe and easy to recycle. In fact, the situation is the opposite.
The outer cover of the cup is a harmless thick paper, which, however, is made of primary materials. Not an environmentally friendly option by far. However, this is not the worst thing.
The inner side of the cup is covered with a LDPE-layer, a polymer substance, which prevents paper from contact with liquid. This plastic is also made from primary raw materials. Given such production, the usage cycle of such products is irrationally short.
However, there is more to come. The biggest damage to the environment is caused by the fact that in practice, almost no one is engaged in the recycling of these cups. This is a very time-consuming and expensive process, because one has to separate plastic coating from paper.
Many companies refuse spending extra money for recycling and take used cups to the dump, where they decompose for hundreds of years.
Safe materials safeguarding public health and ecology
A thermos mug is the best solution for those who like to drink coffee on the go or take it away to the office or home. You can fill it in any coffee shop with no issues, and in some places, they even make a discount of up to 15%.
In comparison with cups, it has a lot of advantages:
- Mugs are made of polypropylene and silicone. These are materials that are safe for health and ecology, and they are easily disposed. Moreover, they are reusable.
- The drink inside does stays hot for a long time. Unlike paper cups, a thermo mug keeps coffee hot for more than 10-20 minutes. You will no longer pour half-finished cold coffee out into the sink.
- A narrow bottom suits any holders in cars, strollers and bicycles.
- Thick walls have low thermal conductivity. You will not burn your fingers, trying to hold a cup of hot coffee.
- It has no smell nor taste. Moreover, a thermo cup contains no harmful polycarbonate.
- It is hygienic. You can wash mugs by hand or in the dishwasher, as well as sterilize them.
Fans of fun gizmos will appreciate the stylish design of thermal cups. Designer drawings and bright colors cheer up and become an elegant part of your image.
Get rid of disposable cups in favor of a stylish thermo mug, and you will feel the ease and pleasant feeling of becoming a part of the huge global community that cares about the environment. Make this small contribution to the health of our planet – and tomorrow your children will be thankful.